Thursday, August 20, 2009

Today was the second day of school. I guess the first two days have been successful. I was pretty much ready to go each morning. The students in my first two classes have been really well behaved. As with last year, I'm not totally sure if they are well behaved students, or if they're just a bit scared of me, because it's the first day. I try to be pretty strict the first couple of weeks to set the tone. My third class is my RI class and again they seem like they will be the most trouble. I do not think they will be as difficult to handle as last year's class. They mostly do whatever I ask of them, but they are quite talkative. I do have that class right after lunch, so they just need to learn to settle down.

This year, I have my prep period at the very end of the day. It is so tiring. I have one fifteen minute morning break and a thirty minute lunch, but I don't really get a rest. I have to run to the restroom, scarf my lunch and get ready for the next class. By the time I have my prep, I'm too tired to really think about what I have to get done for the next day. The good thing is, though, I can clean up and organize my room during seventh, so I can leave right at 3:00.

I really think I'll have a pretty good year. Sure, there are some things I would change. But I know there are plenty of people who have way suckier jobs than I.

1 comment:

Badass Geek said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well so far. It's interesting to hear the story from the teachers perspective. As a kid, I never really thought about what the teachers had to do to get through the day.