Monday, August 11, 2008

I Am So Not Ready

School starts at 8am on Wednesday. I have about a bazillion things left that I still need to do before then. Because I am starting at a new school with a new grade, I am having to start over basically from scratch. I have pretty much got my classroom ready. I just have to find a place to put all of my textbooks when they arrive, clean out a cabinet and find a place to put it, then put all my stuff in it. I have a computer and, today, I got a printer, but I still do not have a login name or password, so I cannot use them. I feel pretty good about the curriculum. It is similar to what I taught last year, just with different texts. My biggest fear right now is what the heck I am going to do on day one. My school is in program improvement, so all students have two hour blocks of English/Language Arts every day. That means that I have the same students for ninety straight minutes. Last year, I was teaching 54 minute periods. I am afraid that after I introduce myself, go over rules and procedures and do a few ice breaker activities, I am going to be left with thirty minutes with nothing to do. I haven't been this stressed since May 30th.

No comments: